The PIEP motherboard does not contain a processor; rather, we offer a variety of processor boards that plug into (or snap into) the motherboard.
All of our peripherals work with all of our processors, allowing you to use our products regardless of your preferred or chosen architecture (PIC, ARM, Freescale).
Twelve Stackable Peripheral Interface Ports (SPIP) support up to 36 peripheral cards.
The small 4"x4" overall footprint was created to give you the best space saving design. The fully populated board fits in a space that is approximately 4"x4"x2.5".
The E3 platform was designed to help our customers save time and money. Those customers include:
• Engineers – E3 offers a robust, flexible and easy to use platform to prototype designs without the need for custom hardware. Our ruggedized designs are suitable for low-volume, field-deployable systems.
• Enthusiasts – Whether you are an old pro who is into robotics or a beginner interested in home-automation, the E3 platform can help you with your designs and implementations.
• Education – With E3 products, you can teach programming and hardware interfacing (across multiple architectures) at the same time.
With the stackable design of the Processor Independent Embedded Platform, it's easy to configure different options for your projects. The 20 peripherals boards and processor boards (with more coming) simply snap into place. No specialty tools or soldering required.
The only tools you will need to work with our products are wire-cutters and a small screw-driver.
• Ten Direct Processor Interface Ports (DPIP) allow even more connection options
• External connections made via JST 2mm (SPIP) or 1mm (DPIP) connectors
• Pre-crimpled leads supplied with peripherals
• Wide range, 9-24 Volt DC, input converted to 3.3 & 5 Vdc @2A via on-board supplies
• Peripheral remote mount kit permits off-board installation of peripheral devices
• Seamless integration with third party hardware